We welcome very wide-ranging paper proposals, but always related to NATO’s agenda and topics discussed during the 2016 Warsaw Summit. A special theme of the conference will be a V4 perspective — one of the panels will be confined strictly to the perspectives of V4 states on NATO’s strategy.
All papers presented during the conference must cohere with the conference’s theme and NATO’s agenda, particularly the Warsaw Summit 2016 and its outcome. Irrelevant topics will not be accepted.
- The outcome of the Warsaw Summit 2016
- NATO’s “Eastern Flank” (including VJTF)
- NATO’s “Southern Flank” (including the migration crisis and the Islamic State)
- NATO’s “Northern Flank” (including cooperation with Sweden and Finland)
- Current and future NATO Strategic Concepts
- Air and missile defense (including EPAA)
- The transatlantic defense and security relations
- Regional dimensions of NATO (including the V4 cooperation)
- “Out of area” (including the Middle East and Afghanistan)
- Psychological/information warfare
- NATO towards new and potential partners (including Ukraine, Georgia, and others)
- “Open door policy”
- NATO and Russia
- NATO – European Union
- NATO and cyber-security
- NATO and energy security
- Smart defense and capability building
- Nuclear deterrence (both tactical and strategic)
- Other issues related to current NATO’s agenda and the Warsaw Summit 2016
- Length of oral presentations: 10 – 15 minutes
- Venue: Lodz, Poland
- Language: English only
- Deadline for a conference fee payment: 4 November 2016
- Conference: 15 – 16 November 2016
The conference fee for every participant presenting paper(s) is 250 PLN (65 EUR/75 USD) or 150 PLN (40 EUR/50 USD) for PhD candidates (per person). The participants with papers are requested to pay the fee after a notification of abstract acceptance. Please do not pay a fee until you receive an e-mail that your paper proposal is accepted.
The conference fee is to be paid by a bank (wire) transfer to the account:
16 1240 3028 1111 0010 6888 6405
Bank name: Bank Pekao
Owner: Uniwersytet Lodzki
Address: ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136
SWIFT: PKOP PL PW
IBAN: PL16 1240 3028 1111 0010 6888 6405
If you need an invoice after payment we need your full data: name+surname, institution name, address
It is very important to include your individual name, name of an institution + a title of a conference in a title of a wire transfer. For example, Dr. John Smith from University of Lodz should make a transfer with a title: “J. Smith, University of Lodz, conference “NATO towards….2016”
Conference participants are to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements. Lunches and refreshments during the conference will be provided by organisers. The fee covers also conference materials.
Registration fees will only be refunded if the notice of cancellation is received before 7 November 2016. Cancellations after 7 November 2016 and no-shows are not eligible for a refund.
Please send an application form to email@example.com